Our shop tries to provide shipping options for all possible customers across the EU and in North America.
If you are an international user that isn't covered by the provided options then please contact us and we can work out how to meet your needs, either by a direct sale or by offering a special product shipment from the shop.
Please read our information on shipping options on the site and consider whether you need to use a more expensive but quicker service.
Note that WE have no control over custom inspections and delays, nor are any customs charges paid within the price, you may be billed by your customs if there are any charges. It is your responsibility to check import regulations for your own country - We ship your order assuming you have done this.
As a member of the EU customs union there are no delays or custom charges for orders within the EU. In our experience there are relatively few delays or charges but orders outside the EU are shipped at your risk and to your responsibility for delays and customs charges.
There's usually no reason to worry because:
- Rhinobeetle provides all the necessary paperwork for your shipment;
- In most countries it's pretty easy to import most kinds of harmless invertebrates. Both larvae and adult beetles we sell are completely harmless to animal and plant life. Rhinobeetles only eat rotting trees which are never a protected species!
- The actual process of customs clearance is usually handled completely by the delivery company (e.g. UPS, FedEx, DHL);
- If there is any duty (import tax) or other charges to pay, the courier will usually pay it first and deliver the products to you, and you pay the costs later.
If there is a question about your delivery:
- Sometimes you may need to provide information to your local Customs office about the shipment you are receiving. Sometimes they will need you to provide an invoice matching the invoice that accompanies the goods. In these cases, please contact us immediately and we will provide you with a PDF of the shipping invoice.
- Sometimes the products need to be backed up with some kind of licence or certificate. In these cases, we are generally notified by the courier and we will contact you. If Customs contacts you about this, please let us know first and we will help you with any information you need.
- If goods cannot be delivered due to restrictions in your own country, this is solely your responsibility. For example, if the animals you buy are restricted due to local laws in the delivery destination country, that is your responsibility to know about before you order from us. If the delivery failed for that reason, we cannot offer any compensation, because as the importer it's your job to know about the local regulations. Another situation in which you must accept liability is where your country requires you to have a licence to import commercial goods: in this case, it is your responsibility to know about this before you place an order on Rhinobeetle and in the case of a failed delivery, we cannot offer any compensation.
- We have almost never had orders seized by customs, but they often delay good delivery. This is outside the control of both Rhinobeetle and the shipper. If your order is time dependent then we strongly recommend early ordering not relying on one day or two day delivery as Murphy’s law states this is when customs will delay your shipment!
- As the importer you hold sole legal responsibility for responding to questions about imported goods delivered to yourself. Import duties, sales tax, and any other customs charges and fees, are your sole responsibility, as described in our terms and conditions. If a delivery fails because you do not respond in time to Customs communications, or you refuse to pay the applicable charges, we cannot offer any compensation. This is not because we won't help, it is because we are not allowed to get involved.